Remove sand soil and ambiental particles from cooling tower and condensers improving heat transfer, savings on energy, less water purging, savings on water and treatment chemicals is achieved.
Full Range applications for cooling tower water recirculation systems ensure the removal of all separable solids.
Partial Flow for the removal of a percentage of solids, keeping their concentration down and achieve an eventual clean up in recirculating systems.
Basin clean up modules for deposited solids removal with scavenging systems and no pressure loss on main cooling water pipe line.
Pump bearings keep pumping systems free of sand and grit resulting in less abrasive wear on And Seals:
The parts maintenance and repair.
Pre Filtering: When installed as a pre-filter EcoVortec separators reduce the solids concentration on any filtration system improving its efficiency and saving on backwashing and filter changes
Remove sand and solids to extend life of expensive oil-water hydro cyclone for Injection well applications.
Protect high pressure injection pumps.
Avoid excessive maintenance of ultrafiltration units.
Maintain porosity and permeability of underground formation ns in order to achieve a better oil recovery.
In prewashing and pre-phosphating baths, the EcoVortec centrifugal separator eliminates welding pellets and other solids, thereby reducing paint defects in a large percentage.
The EcoVortec centrifugal separator is widely used in the industry as a pre-filter in the cleaning of cutting and cooling oils with such efficiency that they rarely need to change the pre-existing cartridge filters.
The removal of solids in the refrigerant oil system increases its time of use and thus higher performance of the cutting parts and a better finish of your product.
Select a tab to learn more
EcoVortec Centrifugal Separators are selected according to the flow rate. In general separators have an input / output diameter smaller than the line where they are to be installed. We recommend the use of conical reductions.
Verify that the installation point is optimal for particle removal and close to the solids deposit.
The foundation where the separator is to be installed has to meet standards according to its weight in function (see data).
To avoid turbulence at the input of the separator, straight pipe of at least 5 diameters in length should be installed. The separator´s input is always on the side and the output on the top; a centrifugal separator cannot work otherwise.
Be sure there are no foreign objects inside the unit before it is installed.
EcoVortec Centrifugal separators have pressure gauge ports (1/4 NPT) at the inlet and outlet. It is convenient to install pressure meters to monitor pressure drop. This should be between 0.35 and 0.85 kg/cm2 to ensure the correct flow for the separator´s function.
If the separator has a discharge directly to atmosphere pressure use a throttling valve at the end to check pressure.
The Purge of a Centrifugal Separator is Vital to its Function:
- - Choose a proper place where solids discharge and collection can be achieved. To avoid clogging, purge lines should not have any sharp turns or upward flow. Purge deposit should be as close as possible to the separator. To change direction, if needed, an ample ratio is recommended.
- - The purge should be performed before the collection chamber is full. The time used to fill this volume depends directly on the amount of solids in the liquid. The higher the concentration the shorter the purging period will be. This time can be calculated with the solids concentration and the flow rate.
- - If the solids concentration is too high or the time between purges is too short, a continuous bleed can be used at aprox. 2% of the flow. For best results use a pinch valve.
- - For a better evacuation of solids, purge the separator while in operation.
- - It is convenient to install a manual ball valve on the auxiliary purge for eventual inspection.
- - During the start up of the system, the separator can be purged every 30 min and the time adjusted according to the amount of solids purged. Be sure to purge the separator until clean water comes out to ensure a complete purge and to protect the purge valve.
- - A centrifugal separator is blocked when the purge valve is open and no fluid comes out, or very little (sometimes clear liquid). The auxiliary purge should then be opened, and the separator tapped while operating until solids start to purge. Reduce time between purges to prevent clogging.
Our automatic purge systems work purge cycles from10 minutes, to 30 hours with a purge time from 1 second to 1 minute or more according to your application.
We have diaphragm valves actuated by the systems pressure, or automatic valves with pneumatic or electric actuators.
Our automatic purge systems can purge solids from 10 minutes to 30 hours with a purge duration of 1 second to 1 minute or more.
We have diaphragm valves actuated by the same pressure of the water or valves with pneumatic or electric actuator.
(Click on the image to see detail)
Copyright © 2017 EcoVortec. All rights reserved.